Traditionally decorated Traveller's caravan offers an off grid stay nestled on an estate with arboretum.
The chance to get close to nature within an ancient arboretum with lakes and estate walks and wildlife.
Take a walk to the end of the drive for a lovely meal in the friendly village pub.
Jess' visit on 27th January during The Quirky Tour 2023
- Off grid traveller's caravan sleeps 2 guests in a double bed on an estate near Lydbury North.
- Deceptively spacious inside there is a cooking stove, log burner, seating and dining area plus romantic candles and cosy hot water bottles.
- There is a shower hut and compost toilet just a short stroll away.
- Try wild swimming in the natural pools nearby.
- There is a historic local pub on site within strolling distance.
- Closed for Winter from beginning of December until end of February.
- Take a stroll to the nearby pub just down the road.
- Whilst here visit a range of castles - Clun, Ludlow, Stokesay and Powys.
Reduced rates for weekly stays with Monday or Friday arrivals.
An off grid Traveller's Caravan with a traditionally hand-painted interior, nestled deep in an arboretum within an esclusive estate sleeping up to 2 guests.
Inside the deceptively spacious caravan there is seating, a dining table, log burner and cooking stove along with all of the kit needed for a self-catering glamping break. Enjoy the views of the forest from your bed whilst sipping your favorite morning cuppa and planning your day. Fairy lights and candles give the caravan a romantic feel whilst hot water bottles and extra logs keep it cosy. Please be aware though if booking at the start or end of the season that nights can get chilly so come prepared.
The shower hut and compost toilet are only a short walk away. Alternatively start the day with a dip in one of the natural secluded pools nearby!
There is plenty to explore both in the arboretum and in the surrounding Shropshire hills, as well as historic sites such as Bishop's Castle being close enough to visit.
Dogs welcome. Closed in winter.
For an instant price click Check Availability and select your dates. Please note bed linen is supplied however towels are not included. Sturdy footwear and a torch are essential plus wellies if it has been wet!
Hot water bottles
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Bring your own towels
Included - Linen
Large site (12+ accoms)
No but we have a communal freezer in the Estate office so if you wish to bring a cool box you can refreeze your blocks here.What should I bring with me?
Please bring towels, toiletries, warm clothes, sturdy footwear/wellies and a torch. If visiting in summer, a picnic blanket and some insect repellent may be handy.
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.