Luxury off grid yurt for romantic break with lake views, set at the side of an arboretum within the rolling Shropshire hills. Dogs welcome.
The chance to get close to nature within an ancient arboretum with lakes and estate walks and wildlife.
Take a walk to the end of the drive for a lovely meal in the friendly village pub.
Jess' visit on 27th January during The Quirky Tour 2023
- Elevated yurt with wonderful views, sleeps 2 guests in a comfy double bed near Lydbury North.
- Inside you can find a wood-burning stove, dining table, small camp stove and a kettle. Fairy lights and candles offer romance!
- Outside your yurt you can relax on the large terrace area or dine al fresco.
- An old converted hen house offers a flushing toilet and sink and there is a communal shower block on site.
- There is a shared area where you can play table tennis or badminton or simply relax around the campfire.
- There is a historic local pub within walking distance.
- Closed for Winter from start of December to end of February.
- Whilst here visit a range of castles - Clun, Ludlow, Stokesay and Powys.
Reduced rates for weekly stays with Sunday, Monday or Friday arrivals. Priced from £390 to £450.
Crazy Horse Yurt is set within the Walcot Hall estate, set in the beautiful Shropshire hills and offers charming decor and a wonderful rural setting for you to enjoy with your loved one.
Elevated on a grassy hill next to the arboretum and boasting spectacular lake, forest and hill views this off grid yurt has a comfy double bed, cosy wood-burning stove, dining area, plus a single ring gas stove, perfect for that morning cuppa! Fairy lights and candles give a romantic relaxed feel to the yurt whilst hot water bottles and extra logs ensure you stay cosy. Be aware that if booking at the start or end of the season it can get chilly so be prepared. Outside you can relax on your private decked area and enjoy the tranquility this location offers. Be sure to bring a BBQ with you so you can enjoy dining al fresco on your deck whilst taking in the stunning views.
An old hen house nearby has been converted into a WC with a flushing toilet and sink, plus there is a shower and a small yet fully functioning communal kitchen area.
There are other yurts on site with which Crazy Horse Yurt shares an area where you can enjoy a game of table tennis or badminton or simply relax around the campfire!
Locally there is plenty of nature to explore - and lots to keep your dog happy! The surrounding area to the site also offers a wealth of attractions, including historic castles and quaint market villages aplenty.
Get an instant price by clicking Check Availability and selecting your dates.
Bed linen is supplied but please bring your own towels. Sturdy footwear and a torch are essential plus wellies if it has been wet!
Up to 2 dogs welcome at no extra fee.
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Bring your own towels
Included - Linen
Shared bathroom facilities
Shared cooking facilities
Stroll to bathroom facilities
Large site (12+ accoms)
No but we have a communal freezer in the Estate office so if you wish to bring a cool box you can refreeze your blocks here.What should I bring with me?
Please bring towels, toiletries, warm clothes, sturdy footwear/wellies and a torch. If visiting in summer, a picnic blanket and some insect repellent may be handy.