Romantic stay in a converted luggage carriage near in beautiful St Germans on the South Devon coast.
The carriage has lots of old world charm and woodwork inside and a woodburner (and heater) for warmth.
If you like train spotting you will enjoy the trackside views. It dates back to 1896 and used to carry perishables.
Jess' visit on 13th January during the Quirky Tour 2023
- The Old Luggage Van offers a romantic cosy living space for 2 in St Germans.
- The carriage has a double bedroom, lounge diner with TV and woodburning stove for cosiness.
- Cook inside or use the BBQ to knock up some delicious food.
- Take a stroll into the village where you can find a friendly community shop and post office.
- Take a visit to Portwinkle beach with its rock pools - ideal for shell hunters or take a hike down the cliffs to Whitsand Bay Beach.
- Enjoy a drink at the nearby Scholars Wine Bar, dine on themed food at the village pub or enjoy fish and chips from a van on the first Monday of the month.
- Delight in a trip to the stunning Mount Edgecumbe House and Gardens with views over Plymouth.
Receive a £50 discount if you come by train or from Devon & Cornwall postcode. Add comment regarding this at time of booking request.
Award-winning Rail Holiday at St Germans offers quality accommodation to create a delightful holiday in a picturesque Cornish village near the coast.
The Old Luggage Van offers cosy romantic living for 2 and a journey into the past without leaving home comforts behind. Inside there is a double bedroom, lounge/dining area with TV/DVD and hi-fi, fireside chairs and woodburning stove. The galley kitchen has a hob, fridge and microwave with convection oven and there is a fold up dining table in the lounge area. The van also holds a shower and WC.
Outside you can relax in the enclosed garden where it sits adjoining the station platform at St Germans. Enjoy a BBQ here or simply sit and listen to the sound of nature around you.
On site there is use of a children's play area, games room with air hockey table,washing machine, dryer and freezer plus unrestricted free broadband access. Guests also have access to 10 acres of woodland to explore! If coming with a little one, a cot and high chair can be used at no extra cost.
St German's is a small village with a population of 600. There is a great village pub, a community shop and Post Office. The Quay, with the viaduct towering above it and its sailing club, is a popular spot. The old part of the village, which includes the railway station, is virtually unspoilt and has been made a Conservation Area.
Rail Holiday St Germans have won Sustainable Tourism and Wildlife-Friendly awards.
Short breaks run from Monday to Friday for a 4 night stay and Friday to Monday for a 3 night stay or minimum 7 night stays in summer.
Dogs can be accepted with prior arrangement at a cost of £25 each per stay.
Garden - enclosed
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Electric car charging
Small site (2-4 accoms)
Food and wellies or sturdy walking boots for exploring the woodland.Can we order food for delivery?
The local company Food4MyHoliday can deliver food in advance of your arrival.
Bristol / Exeter
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.