Historic boat for a couple or small family with surprisingly spacious interior. Located near Thorpe Park. Self-drive day boat included for 90 minutes with 2 or more nights booked..
- 110 year old fishing boat with sleek interior sleeps 2 adults in a master cabin with space for 2 children on 2 cube mattresses in the living area.
- The boat has a fully equipped galley kitchenette whilst a smart TV with Netflix is available for your viewing pleasure in the saloon.
- There is an en-suite shower room with small bath tub on board
- Outside you can relax on the spacious upper deck watching the world go by.
- Hire a bike.
- Close to Thorpe Park for a day full of fun.
- Discounted self-drive boat hire available for staycation guests.
- Discounted skippered cruises can be arranged for staycation guests.
All new 2 night bookings include a complimentary 90 minute self-drive day boat (dependent on river conditions - and only available from Kingston-upon-Thames/not on site).
Discounts for longer term stays applicable, ie. 2 nights - 5%, 3 nights - 10%, 4 nights or more - 15%
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE.
EXCLUSIVE USE, and available all year, this is a perfectly appointed self-catering 4-berth/1 cabin Dutch kotter located right next door to Thorpe Park, in Chertsey, between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace.
This is a unique 110 year old fishing boat which has been tastefully renovated for liveaboard stays. She has had a bit of media history whilst she was moored in Central London having been in the background of some archive footage as well as a couple of films including James Bond!
This boat is perfect for a couple or a small family (2 adults and 2 children). Whilst the living area has a spacious open-plan living area, the master cabin is separate with a full size en-suite shower-room including a small bath providing hot water, toiletries and toilet/head facilities. There are 2 sofas in the saloon/living area plus 2 cube mattresses which can be used as single beds. The large outside deck is perfect for watching river life go by.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley/kitchenette (4-plate induction hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TV, Netflix, WiFi, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels are also provided.
“YE37” is based in Chertsey, a very quaint English town on the banks of the upper Thames - half way between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace.
There are plenty of places of interest to visit in the local area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses, theme parks and nature trails.
Direct trains to Waterloo take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions in Central London too.
Heathrow is only 7 miles away. Parking is free.
This is, quite simply, the perfect base to kick back and relax after an action-packed adventure! Or, just stay on board and spend your time reading, playing board games and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of watching river life go by.
We can also offer discounted skippered cruises* and self-drive day boats* so our staying guests can explore the local area by river.
* = DEPENDENT ON RIVER CONDITIONS (usually between October to March inclusive).
ADDITIONAL SERVICES DURING YOUR STAY:
• SKIPPERED CRUISES – up to 12 guests
£150/hour (minimum 1 hour)
• SELF-DRIVE DAY BOAT HIRE:
Up to 2 guests:
£39/90 minutes, £59/4 hours, £95/8 hours or
Up to 6 guests:
£55/90 minutes, £85/4 hours, £135/8 hours
THIS FACILITY IS BASED IN KINGSTON
• EARLY/LATE CHECK-IN/OUT:
£15/hour - by arrangement in advance
• ARTISAN CHOCOLATES/CATERING/CELEBRATION CAKES/CLASSY CUP CAKES/DECORATIONS/DRINKS/EVENT PLANNING/FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS/GRAZE BOXES/PICNICS/TAXIS/TREATMENTS
Contacts with some amazing local businesses can be provided so the above services can be arranged with them - by you - directly!
• Cruises and self-drive day boats are subject to availability and dependent on river conditions (especially between October to March inclusive when currents can become dangerous).
• Pre-booking of cruises and self-drive day boats are recommended.
• Water activities, swimming and fishing are strictly prohibited within the marina.
• ALL facilities are at our guests’ own risk.
• For your safety and that of our staff, some services or amenities may be modified.
• Riverscapes endeavours to provide the advertised boat but this may change subject to availability but a similar/same standard boat will be offered.
• THIS ADVERTISED BOAT IS NOT A SELF-DRIVE and can only be skippered by our crew!
• WHILST SOME REVIEWS MAY MENTION HOT TUBS, IT IS WITH REGRET THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED AS FROM 18/01/22.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Enjoy the plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too.
Distances are measured from Chertsey:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Truss Island – uninhabited island and perfect spot to sit and watch the swans (approx. 1 mile)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• St Ann’s Hill - wooded park set on top of a hill with an interesting history and marvellous views over the surrounding countryside and was used as a fort during the iron ages. It was also once part of a formal garden and several exotic trees and interesting features, such as the Nuns well, remain today (2 miles).
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport, aviation and home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
RESTAURANTS / DELIVERIES:
Search ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area (KT16 8PQ). Or ask if Deliveroo, Just East or Uber Eats if they can deliver to the marina.
Please be forewarned, being on a boat is a very unique experience and many things are different to being a land lubber staying in standard accommodation (or a hotel for that matter) in terms of staffing, power and water supply, pumping out after showers and toilet flush systems, etc. Everything will be explained prior to arrival and is also contained within the on-board 'HELP FOLDER'.
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Decoration for celebrations
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub / Bar
Pub within walking distance
Can arrange catering
Family friendly site
No loud parties
Quiet after 10pm
Mobile - Strong mobile signal
Space for outdoor ball games
TV - Smart
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Safety & Security
Carbon monoxide detector
Deep Covid-19 clean
First aid kit
Lockbox / Safe
Condiments & Oil
Kitchenware / Utensils
Tea & Coffee
Take care - Near water
Welcome all ages
Guaranteed parking space
Small site (2-4 accoms)
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.