Dutch barge located between Windsor Castle & Hampton Court Palace on the Thames. 90 minute self-drive day boat included for stays or 2 nights or more.
- Suitable for a couple, but can snuggly fit a family of 4. Master cabin with separate shower room onboard.
- Next to Thorpe Park for hours of fun.
- Bikes available for rental.
- Set in a quiet marina outside Chertsey.
- Discounted skippered cruises can be arranged for staycation guests.
- Discounted self-drive boat hire available for staycation guests.
All new 2 night bookings include a complimentary 90 minute self-drive day boat (dependent on river conditions).
Single nights possible. Discounts for longer term stays applicable, ie. 2 nights - 5%, 3 nights - 10%, 4 nights or more - 15%
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE.
EXCLUSIVE USE, and available all year, this is a perfectly appointed self-catering 4-berth/2 cabin Dutch barge. Located right next door to Thorpe Park in Chertsey, between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace.
This is a 90 year old boat which has been tastefully renovated and is perfect for a couple or cosy for a small family (2 adults and 2 children) due to limited inside space. Although the living area is open-plan, the master cabin can be sectioned off for visual privacy. The 2 small beds in the rear cabin are not currently suitable for use - but there is a double sofa bed in the saloon/living area. A small shower room provides hot water, toiletries and toilet/head facilities. There is also an indoor seating area in the wheelhouse plus an uncovered sun deck on the roof.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley/kitchenette (2-plate induction hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, caffetiere, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TV, Netflix, WiFi, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels are also provided.
“Go Dutch” is based in a wonderfully peaceful and secure marina in Chertsey, a very quaint English town on the banks of the upper Thames - half way between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace.
There are plenty of places of interest to visit in the local area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses, theme parks and nature trails.
Direct trains to Waterloo take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions in Central London too.
Heathrow is only 7 miles away. Parking is free.
This is, quite simply, the perfect base to kick back and relax after an action-packed adventure! Or, just stay on board and spend your time reading, playing board games and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of watching river life go by.
For the adventurous and energetic, bikes can be arranged.
Also on offer are discounted skippered cruises and self-drive day boats* so staying guests can explore the local area by river.
* = DEPENDENT ON RIVER CONDITIONS (usually between October to March inclusive).
ADDITIONAL SERVICES DURING YOUR STAY:
• SKIPPERED CRUISES – up to 12 guests
£100/hour (minimum 1 hour)
• SELF-DRIVE DAY BOAT HIRE:
Up to 2 guests:
£39/90 minutes, £59/4 hours, £95/8 hours or
Up to 6 guests:
£55/90 minutes, £85/4 hours, £135/8 hours
"Summer Special" (April to September) - £55 for 3 hours from 5/5:30pm
"Winter Special" (October to March) - £55 for 3 hours any time during daylight hours
• EARLY/LATE CHECK-IN/OUT:
£15/hour - by arrangement in advance.
• ARTISAN CHOCOLATES/CATERING/CELEBRATION CAKES/CLASSY CUP CAKES/DECORATIONS/DRINKS/EVENT PLANNING/FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS/GRAZE BOXES/PICNICS/TAXIS/TREATMENTS
Contacts with some amazing local businesses can be provided so the above services can be arranged with them - by you - directly!
• Cruises and self-drive day boats are subject to availability and dependent on river conditions (especially between October to March inclusive when currents can become dangerous).
• Pre-booking of cruises and self-drive day boats are recommended.
• Bikes to be arranged in advance and available on a first come, first served basis.
• Water activities, swimming and fishing are strictly prohibited within the marina.
• ALL facilities are at guests’ own risk.
• For your safety and that of staff, some services or amenities may be modified.
• All bookings that require re-scheduling due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19 will be given a credit or honoured ‘like for like’ within a year.
• THIS ADVERTISED BOAT IS NOT A SELF-DRIVE and can only be skippered by our crew!
COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS – WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY:
Whilst we have always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, we have now stepped up our cleaning procedures to make them even more rigorous. As such, there will be:
• Extra disinfection of high touch areas such as light switches, handles, remote controls, etc.
• Introduction of hand sanitiser at the entrance.
• Reduced paper amenities such as advertising flyers and guest directories.
• Enhanced team member safety and well-being with provision of PPE and updated protocols.
• Responsible distancing of our staff – please be mindful of the recommended distance between other people.
• Masks/gloves/PPE to be worn where necessary – please note, public transport, shops and places of interest may require the use of face-coverings therefore we recommend bringing your own PPE.
• Services and amenities which may be subject to change – for your safety and that of our staff, some services or amenities may be modified.
• Restricted areas dependent on bookings – whilst you will have exclusive use of the boat you have booked during your stay, we would respectfully request that only the cabins that have been booked and paid for be used thus limiting the surfaces which are likely to become contaminated.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Enjoy the plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too.
Distances are measured from Chertsey:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Truss Island – uninhabited island and perfect spot to sit and watch the swans (approx. 1 mile)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• St Ann’s Hill - wooded park set on top of a hill with an interesting history and marvellous views over the surrounding countryside and was used as a fort during the iron ages. It was also once part of a formal garden and several exotic trees and interesting features, such as the Nuns well, remain today (2 miles).
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport, aviation and home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
RESTAURANTS / DELIVERIES:
Search ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area (KT16 8PQ). Or ask if Deliveroo, Just East or Uber Eats if they can deliver to the marina.
Please be forewarned, being on a boat is a very unique experience and many things are different to being a land lubber staying in standard accommodation (or a hotel for that matter) in terms of staffing, power and water supply, pumping out after showers and toilet flush systems, etc. Everything will be explained prior to arrival and is also contained within the on-board 'HELP FOLDER'.
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Decoration for celebrations
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub / Bar
Pub within walking distance
Can arrange catering
Family friendly site
No loud parties
Quiet after 10pm
Mobile - Strong mobile signal
Space for outdoor ball games
TV - Smart
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Safety & Security
Carbon monoxide detector
Deep Covid-19 clean
First aid kit
Lockbox / Safe
Condiments & Oil
Kitchenware / Utensils
Tea & Coffee
Take care - Near water
Welcome all ages
Guaranteed parking space
Mid sized site (5-11 accoms)
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.