Historic cottage (with optional hot tub on weekends) + original railway platform in the garden offers a rural retreat for 2 near Shotley Bridge.
- Historic cottage with private wood fired hot tub sleeps 2 adults in Rowlands Gill.
- The cottage was built in 1860 and still offers historic touches throughout plus timely pieces including its retro vintage kitchen.
- There is a cosy living/dining area with log burner, plus gas central heating to keep you warm and cosy.
- There is a lovely bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Outside you can relax in your private garden with a cuppa in hand listening to the birds around you.
- Step out through your garden gate straight on to the Derwent Walk old Railway Line which will lead you straight to Derwent Park and the National Trust Gibside Hall.
- Please note this property has a steep staircase so isn't suitable for those with mobility issues.
Historic charming cottage with wood-fired hot tub in the small rural area of Rowlands Gill offers a rural romantic getaway for 2 adults. Built-in 1860 the cottage has historic touches throughout plus the original railway platform at the bottom of the lovely garden.
The woodfired hot tub is available for weekend stays at additional cost of £130. There is an additional cost of £40 to have the hot tub ready on arrival.
Inside you can find you really are stepping back in time when you enter this newly re-designed retro vintage kitchen 1950s 60s with all original furniture which has been restored. So bright and bold with vintage decor. A quaint living area to take the cottage back to its original time and let guests share this unique experience. Gas central heating system and lovely log burner will keep you cosy all year round.
A double bedroom (plus one with bunks) and a bathroom can be found on the first floor. Offered for maximum 2 guests.
Located in the heart of the countryside this property offers the perfect solution to the busy couple looking to get away from it all in a romantic haven. The garden gate leads onto the actual Derwent Walk which was the old railway line, now used by runners, walkers and cyclists. There is a Red Kite Trail and many rare species of bird visit the garden, with an abundance of other wildlife in the surrounding countryside. It is the perfect area for walkers. Locally you can visit Beamish Museum or take a drive to the North Pennines Area of Natural Beauty where you can enjoy a stroll around Derwent Reservoir. Alternatively, the Gibside National Trust Park is just a 5-minute drive from the cottage (or within walking/cycling distance if you prefer) and often hosts different events in the evening, so be sure to check it out! After a busy day exploring, return to the cottage and relax in the hot tub with your favourite tipple!
1 small well behaved dog can be accommodated with a charge of £15 per stay. Advise at time of booking please.
Complimentary logs are supplied for the first night. After that you can buy sacks of logs at £4 per bag or 3 bags for £10. Please advise on arrival if you wish to purchase any logs.
Bikes offered for hire for a small additional cost for couples, please do enquire in advance about this.
£100 returnable deposit required for breakages etc.
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Extra logs / firewood
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Private Hot Tub
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.