A 1940's 2 bedroom cottage with authentic detail throughout including an Anderson air-raid shelter outside. Near Glastonbury. 2 nt min stay.
- A rural property built for the Women's Land Army when women came from the cities to help with agriculture in war times.
- Modern comforts combine with 1940s features, original 50s sink and claw-foot roll top bath.
- Walk across the fields to the village pub at Baltonsborough.
- A small fenced garden with lovely views and mature trees make this a great base for a couple, or those with children or a dog.
- There is a downstairs bedroom with 2 singles, and 2 more can sleep in the attic room with low ceiling and up steep stairs.
- This is an adventure back in time - no TV here.
- Anderson air raid shelter outside!
- In a village 5 miles from Glastonbury.
Hidden in pretty woods (packed with badgers, foxes and tawny owls), on the edge of a small village called Baltonsborough, is the Corrugated Cottage WWII, a detached 2 bedroom property that can accommodate up to 4 guests. The 1940's cottage has many authentic details to really take you back in time while still having the pleasure of modern comforts. The cottage was built for the Women's Land Army, or "land girls", who were young working women in agriculture to help the war effort. More than a third of land girls came from major cities, so many rural accommodations had to be built.
Baltonsborough is a charming, historic village with a 15th century church and pub which are within short walking distance across the fields. For a variety of shops and other facilities, just a few miles away is Glastonbury. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, about an hour away. 10 miles from the cottage is Castle Cary train station.
Fitting with the cottage's 1940's decoration, inside are utilities such as a 40's enameled range with back boiler, 40's utility furniture, Bakelite switches and plugs. The kitchen includes an original 50's sink, larder and fridge with a modern electric hob and microwave.
In the bathroom is a claw-foot roll top bath and toilet with an elevated cistern. There are 2 bedrooms, both with 2 single beds, one of these rooms is downstairs, while the other is in the attic room with a very low ceiling (up some very steep stairs). The sitting room has a dining room table and chairs as well as a coal fire range with a back boiler. There is also an immersion heater to heat water.
Outside is a small fenced garden with table and chairs, lovely views facing south, mature trees on one side and an Anderson shelter which provides a perfect play den for the children.
There is off-road parking for up to 2 cars. Wireless internet is available. No television.
Well behaved dog welcome.
Length of stay is flexible. 2-night minimum stay. For an instant price, please click Check Availability and select your dates. A £50 cleaning fee is added. Reduced rates for longer stays.
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.