Former railway carriage now offers a lovely staycation near the city of York, perfect for families and their dogs!
- Converted railway carriage that sleeps 2+2 in a double bedroom and bunk bed room just south of the city of York.
- Inside the carriage there is a open plan living and dining area with fully fitted kitchen plus a family sized shower room.
- The carriage has heating and air conditioning so can be enjoyed all year round.
- Outside you can relax on your private decking, the perfect place to enjoy a morning cuppa or late night tipple.
- On site you can enjoy a game of badminton or swing ball.
- There are a couple of pubs within walking distance as well as Skipwith Common National Nature Reserve.
- Come with another family and rent the adjoining Derwent Flyer Carriage to sleep a total of 8+1 between the 2 carriages.
At Skipwith Station, just south of The City of York you can find the Derwent Mail, a converted railway carriage that sleeps up to 4 - 2 adults and 2 children.
Up to 2 dogs can be added at no extra charge.
Situated on the old Derwent Valley Light Rail line, once known as the Blackberry Line because of all the blackberries on Skipwith Common which is adjacent this is a great base to explore the city of York.
The Derwent Mail Carriage comes with a decked platform outside, the perfect place to enjoy your morning cuppa in peace and quiet. Inside there is a double bedroom and a bunk bed room. There is a spacious living/dining room with TV /DVD player and free wifi, plus a fully fitted kitchen with oven, hob fridge and dishwasher! There is a family sized shower room too. The carriage benefits from air conditioning and central heating so suiting holidays at any time of the year.
Locally you can enjoy great walking on Skipwith Common (Natural England) and the sights of The City of York are just half an hour away - the Minster, The Shambles, The National Railway Museum, The City Walls and a superb range of independent shops. Alternatively relax on site.
For an instant price click Check Availability and select your dates.
*Please note this carriage can be joined by a connecting door with the Derwent Flyer Carriage to sleep 8+1. There are also 2 other properties at the same location on QuirkyAccom: another train carriage - Lady Deramore - sleeps 4, and a converted loading bay with hot tub that sleeps 2+2 - Blackberry Halt !
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Tea & Coffee
Welcome all ages
Parking alongside accom
Small site (2-4 accoms)
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.