Characterful train carriage with countryside views offers a wonderful base for exploring the city of York.
- Converted railway carriage that sleeps 2+2 in a double bedroom and twin bed room just south of the city of York.
- Inside the carriage there is an open plan living area with fully fitted kitchen plus 2 en-suite sized shower room.
- The carriage has heating and air conditioning so can be enjoyed all year round.
- Outside you can relax in your private garden, the perfect place to enjoy a morning cuppa or enjoy dining al fresco.
- On site you can enjoy a game of badminton or swing ball.
- There are a couple of pubs within walking distance as well as Skipwith Common National Nature Reserve.
At Skipwith Station, just south of The City of York, you can discover the wonderful Lady Deramore Carriage. Situated on the old Derwent Valley Light Rail line, once known as the Blackberry Line because of all the blackberries on Skipwith Common which is adjacent. This carriage sleeps 4 guests.
Lady Deramore Carriage offers open countryside views and a private garden with teak furniture. The open plan living area with TV and DVD player retains the original feel of the character of the carriage with its large windows looking out onto the wonderful views of the surrounding area. The fitted island style kitchen offers all the mod cons you could need including hob/oven, microwave, fridge and even a dishwasher!
There is a double bedroom with en-suite bath and shower, the perfect place to chill out after a busy day. A twin bedroom - perfect children or adults, also has an en-suite bath and shower. Both rooms come complete with dressing tables and original luggage racks for storage! Linens and towels are provided too.
Perfect for any time of year the carriage comes comples with aircon and central heating, total luxury!
With your own private garden to enjoy there is plenty of outdoor space. After burning off some energy, the whole family can settle back into the carriage to make use of the TV/DVD and unlimited wifi.
There is great walking on Skipwith Common (Natural England) and the sights of The City of York are just half an hour away - the Minster, The Shambles, The National Railway Museum, The City Walls and a superb range of independent shops.
Whilst here why not take a day trip to the North Yorkshire Moors for a day of hiking or to the Yorkshire Dales where you can visit the beautiful Aysgarth Falls, Malham Cove or Bolton Abbey with its famous stepping stones across the River Wharfe.
For an instant price click Check Availability and select your dates. No pets.
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Family friendly site
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Tea & Coffee
Welcome all ages
Parking alongside accom
Small site (2-4 accoms)
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.