Classic heated motor Yacht with hot tub next to Thorpe Park, ideal for a family or friends who prefer their own private cabins. Bikes and water sports can be arranged.
THIS BOAT IS COMPLETELY ISOLATED; AMENITIES ARE NOT SHARED AND CONTACT WITH STAFF IS LIMITED TO EMERGENCIES ONLY.
One complimentary 90 minute skippered cruise on Tantalising Thames Temptress (worth £150) or an 8 hour self-drive boat session (worth £135) is offered for any 3 night stay - to be used Mon-Fri only.
Discounts for longer term stays applicable, ie. 2 nights - 5%, 3 nights - 10%, 4 nights or more - 15%
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE.
EXCLUSIVE USE, and available all year, this is a perfectly appointed self-catering 6-berth/3 cabin classic French motor yacht located half-way between Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle on the non-tidal River Thames – with Thorpe Park on the doorstep!
This is a very beautiful and cleverly laid out boat with a really rich heritage and generous space throughout. She has recently been refurbished and has 3 cabins/bedrooms (all with en-suite toilets/heads and shower/washrooms providing hot water and toiletries), 2 separate living areas (dining and saloon/lounge), galley/kitchen, sun loungers on the bow/front deck, rattan seating on the flybridge/upper deck and an aft/rear deck with an outside dining area plus there is an private hot tub available all year.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley (4-plate induction hob, dishwasher, large fridge, freezer, combination oven/microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TVs, Netflix, PS3, WiFi, bluetooth sound system, surround sound, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels also provided.
Tantalising Thames Tempress is based in a wonderfully peaceful and secure marina in Chertsey, a very quaint English town on the banks of the upper Thames - half way between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace.
There are plenty of places of interest to visit in the local area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses, theme parks and nature trails.
Direct trains to Waterloo take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions in Central London too.
Heathrow is only 7 miles away. Parking is free.
This is, quite simply, the perfect base to kick back and relax after an action-packed adventure! Or, just stay on board and spend your time reading, playing board games and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of watching river life go by.
For the adventurous and energetic, water activities (kayaks, pedalos & SUP boards) and bikes can be arranged.
The property can also offer discounted skippered cruises (including Jacruzzi - a hot tub boat) and self-drive day boats so staying guests can explore the local area.
• SKIPPERED CRUISES – up to 12 guests
£100/hour (minimum 90 minutes)
• SELF-DRIVE DAY BOAT HIRE – up to 6 guests
£55/90 minutes, £85/4 hours, £135/8 hours
Summer special offer (April to September) - £55 for 3 hours from 5/5:30pm
• EARLY/LATE CHECK-IN/OUT
£10/hour - by arrangement in advance. Please note - the hot tub is not available before 3pm on day of arrival or after 10am on day of departure
• ARTISAN CHOCOLATES/CATERING/CELEBRATION CAKES/CUTE CUP CAKES/DECORATIONS/DRINKS/EVENT PLANNING/FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS/GRAZE BOXES/PICNICS/TAXIS/TREATMENTS
Contacts with some amazing local businesses can be provided so the above extra services can be arranged by you directly
• Cruises, self-drive day boats and water activities are subject to availability and dependent on river conditions (especially between December to March inclusive when currents can become dangerous).
• Pre-booking of cruises and self-drive day boats are recommended – both have a 48 cancellation policy and will only be cancelled and re-arranged by us in extreme weather/river conditions.
• BBQ, bikes and water activities are available on a first come, first served basis.
• Water activities, swimming and fishing are strictly prohibited within the marina.
• ALL facilities are at our guests’ own risk.
• For your safety and that of our staff, some services or amenities may be modified.
• All bookings that require re-scheduling due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19 will be given a credit or honoured ‘like for like’ within a year.
• Whilst some older reviews mention our location being near Hampton Court, this was our previous location before moving to Chertsey in June 2020.
• THIS ADVERTISED BOAT IS NOT A SELF-DRIVE and can only be skippered by our crew!
COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS – WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY:
Whilst we have always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, we have now stepped up our cleaning procedures to make them even more rigorous. As such, there will be:
• Extra disinfection of high touch areas such as light switches, handles, remote controls, etc.
• Introduction of hand sanitiser at the entrance.
• Reduced paper amenities such as advertising flyers and guest directories.
• Enhanced team member safety and well-being with provision of PPE and updated protocols.
• Responsible distancing of our staff – please be mindful of the recommended distance between other people.
• Masks/gloves/PPE to be worn where necessary – please note, public transport, shops and places of interest require the use of face-coverings therefore we recommend bringing your own PPE.
• Services and amenities which may be subject to change – for your safety and that of our staff, some services or amenities may be modified.
• Restricted areas dependent on bookings – whilst you will have exclusive use of the boat you have booked during your stay, we would respectfully request that only the cabins that have been booked and paid for be used thus limiting the surfaces which are likely to become contaminated.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Enjoy the plenty of places of interest to visit in the area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses and theme parks. Direct trains to Central London from Staines take approximately 35 minutes should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions there too. Due to COVID-19, check opening times before visiting:
Distances are measured from Chertsey:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Truss Island – uninhabited island and perfect spot to sit and watch the swans (approx. 1 mile)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• St Ann’s Hill - wooded park set on top of a hill with an interesting history and marvellous views over the surrounding countryside and was used as a fort during the iron ages. It was also once part of a formal garden and several exotic trees and interesting features, such as the Nuns well, remain today (2 miles).
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport, aviation and home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
RESTAURANTS / DELIVERIES:
Due to Covid-19, suggestion is to search ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area, opening times and latest restrictions. Or ask if Deliveroo, Just East or Uber Eats if they can deliver to the marina.
Please be forewarned, being on a boat is a very unique experience and many things are different to being a land lubber staying in standard accommodation (or a hotel for that matter) in terms of staffing, power and water supply, pumping out after showers and toilet flush systems, etc. Everything will be explained prior to arrival and is also contained within the on-board 'HELP FOLDER'.
Whilst some older reviews mention the location being near Hampton Court, this was the previous location before the company moved to Chertsey in June 2020.
Whole property for 5 or more
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.