Classic heated motor Yacht on the River Thames between Windsor Castle & Hampton Court Palace. Ideal for couples or families as 3 ensuite cabins.
TIER 5/NATIONAL LOCKDOWN (04/01/21) - "STAY AT HOME". ONLY currently available for guests staying in the area for business/key workers/emergency accommodation. THIS BOAT IS COMPLETELY ISOLATED; AMENITIES ARE NOT SHARED AND CONTACT WITH STAFF IS LIMITED TO EMERGENCIES ONLY.
Reduced couples rates for mid-week off peak breaks (Sun-Thurs) from now until May at £130 a night.
Please advise if you are 2 guests and require 2 cabins as there is an additional £20/night fee.
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE.
EXCLUSIVE USE – this fully equipped, self-catering 6-berth motor yacht includes large in and outdoor living, heating, Smart TV, Netflix, PS3, WiFi, Alexa, board games, books, tea/coffee, linen + free use of water sports equipment. Mystic Mover is based in Chertsey with plenty of places to visit nearby including Central London which is only 35 minutes by direct train. 7 miles from Heathrow. Parking, skippered cruises, self-drive day boats & bike hire can also be arranged on site.
EXCLUSIVE USE, and available all year, this is a perfectly appointed self-catering 6-berth/3 cabin classic French motor yacht located right next door to Thorpe Park in Chertsey, between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace - 30 minutes by train to Central London.
This is a very beautiful and cleverly laid out boat with a really rich heritage and generous space throughout. She has recently been refurbished and has 3 cabins/bedrooms (all with en-suite toilets/heads and shower/washrooms providing hot water and toiletries), heating, 2 separate living areas (dining and saloon/lounge), galley/kitchen, sun loungers on the bow/front deck, rattan seating on the flybridge/upper deck (currently under refurbishment but still useable) and an aft/rear deck with an outside dining area. Perfect for a romantic or family stay.
Facilities include heating throughout, a fully equipped galley (4-plate induction hob, dishwasher, large fridge, freezer, combination oven/microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee machine, crockery, cutlery, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, cooking utensils and basic kitchen ingredients), Smart TVs, Netflix, PS3, WiFi, bluetooth sound system, surround sound, Alexa, books, board games, tea/coffee plus bedding with freshly laundered linen and towels also provided.
Included is free use of water sport equipment. Bicycle, self-frive boats and fishing can be arranged on site.
The boat is based in a wonderfully peaceful and secure marina in Chertsey, a very quaint English town on the banks of the upper Thames. Located right next door to Thorpe Park in Chertsey, between Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace - 30 minutes by train to Central London (should guests wish to sample the many tourist attractions in London too).
There are plenty of places of interest to visit in the local area including historic monuments, market towns, museums, racecourses, theme parks and nature trails.
Heathrow is only 7 miles away.
This is, quite simply, the perfect base to kick back and relax after an action-packed adventure! Or, just stay on board and spend your time reading, playing board games and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of watching river life go by. Also a rare find for those keen on fishing as this sport is permitted here all year around from the boat you are staying on (even in lock-down)!
For the adventurous and energetic, why not try a canoe/kayak, pedalo or SUP/stand-up paddle board which are included in the price! There is a stunning lagoon within the marina for guests to use.
Or discounted skippered cruises, self-drive day boats and bike hire can also be arranged on site so staying guestscan explore the local area. Furthermore, fishing trips, including guided fishing expeditions, can also be arranged.
£10/car/night with provision of car/reg details
• SKIPPERED CRUISES – up to 10 guests
£100/hour (minimum 90 minutes)
• SELF-DRIVE DAY BOAT HIRE – up to 6 guests
£40/2 hours, £70/4 hours, £120/8 hours
• FISHING TRIPS – up to 2 guests
From £90/day or night
• GUIDED FISHING EXPEDITIONS – up to 2 guests
£240/8 hours (between dawn and dusk)
• BIKE HIRE
From £35/half hour
• SELECTION OF GRAZE BOXES (afternoon tea, brunch, celebration, chocoholic, savoury, sweets or vegan)
From £32.50 (serves 2-4 guests)
• BBQ FACILITIES, FLOWERS, CHOCOLATES, BOTTLE OF SOMETHING ON ICE, DECORATIONS, GROCERY DELIVERIES, LUGGAGE STORAGE, LAUNDRY AND OTHER SERVICES
COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS – WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY:
Whilst high standards of cleanliness and hygiene have always been important, cleaning procedures have now been stepped up to make them even more rigorous. As such, there will be:
• Extra disinfection of high touch areas such as light switches, handles, remote controls, etc.
• Use of a UV-C germicidal lamp with ozone in each room after each clean.
• Hand sanitiser at the entrance.
• Reduced paper amenities such as advertising flyers and guest directories.
• Enhanced team member safety and well-being with provision of PPE and updated protocols.
• Responsible distancing of staff – please be mindful of the recommended distance between other people.
• Masks/gloves/PPE to be worn where necessary – please note, public transport, shops and places of interest require the use of face-coverings therefore it is recommended that you bring your own PPE.
• Services and amenities which may be subject to change – for your safety and that of staff, some services or amenities such a house-keeping and use of marina shower blocks, etc may be modified.
• Restricted areas dependent on bookings – whilst you will have exclusive use of the boat you have booked during your stay, the owners respectfully request that only the cabins that have been booked and paid for be used thus limiting the surfaces which are likely to become contaminated.
• In the event of a cancellation, a 50% refund will be made for cancellations made at least 14 days before check-in. No refunds will be made for cancellations made within 14 days of check-in. Should a cancellation be required due to further Covid-19 restrictions, a credit will be provided towards a future stay, cruise or self-drive option within a year of the original booking.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Distances are measured from Chertsey:
• Thorpe Park – theme park (approx. 0.9 mile)
• Truss Island – uninhabited island and perfect spot to sit and watch the swans (approx. 1 mile)
• Penton Hook Island – wood, uninhabited island used for nature conservation with many paths for viewing trees, squirrels, nesting birds & fish (approx. 1.6 miles)
• St Ann’s Hill - wooded park set on top of a hill with an interesting history and marvellous views over the surrounding countryside and was used as a fort during the iron ages. It was also once part of a formal garden and several exotic trees and interesting features, such as the Nuns well, remain today (2 miles).
• Runnymead Pleasure Grounds – riverside park perfect for picnics including a play area with modern equipment. Paddling pool, children’s rides & amusements are open during the summer. (3.8 miles)
• Magna Carta – charter of rights to the English agreed to by King John of England on 15th June 1215 (approx. 6 miles)
• Brooklands Museum – birthplace of British motorsport, aviation and home of Concorde (approx. 6.2 miles)
• Mercedes-Benz World – ultimate car showroom for fans of the 3-pointed star (approx. 6.9 miles)
• Eton College – boarding school famed for educating 19 British prime ministers (approx. 8.9 miles)
• Windsor Castle - largest and oldest occupied castle in the world (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Kempton Park Thursday Market - largest weekday market in the South of England (approx. 8.1 miles)
• Sunbury Antiques Market – largest bi-monthly market in the country (approx. 8.1 miles)
• The town of Windsor – historic market town (approx. 8.5 miles)
• Garrick’s Temple to Shakespeare – the world’s only shrine to honour the famous playwright (approx. 8.7 miles)
• Hampton Pool – heated open-air pool/lido available 365 days/year (approx. 9.1 miles)
• LegoLand Windsor – family theme park (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Ascot Racecourse – one of the leading racecourses in UK (approx. 9.4 miles)
• Hampton Court Palace – King Henry VIII’s lavish royal residence (approx. 9.7 miles)
• Royal Bushy Park – second largest of London’s Royal Parks (approx. 9.9 miles)
• "Astoria" – Pink Floyd’s recording studios (approx. 9.2 miles)
• Wisley Gardens – one of the world’s greatest gardens (approx. 11.5 miles)
• Windsor Great Park – sweeping historic parkland (approx. 11.6 miles)
• The town of Kingston-upon-Thames – medieval market town and one of London’s liveliest boroughs (approx. 11.8 miles)
• Chessington World of Adventures – family theme park (approx. 16.4 miles)
• Twickenham Rugby Stadium – 4th largest sports stadium in Europe (approx. 17 miles)
• Kew Gardens – world famous botanical garden (approx. 18.3 miles)
RESTAURANTS / DELIVERIES
Due to Covid-19, suggestion is to search ‘Trip Advisor’ for restaurant recommendations in the local area, opening times and latest restrictions. Or ask if Deliveroo, Just East or Uber Eats can deliver to the marina.
Please be forewarned, being on a boat is a very unique experience and many things are different to being a land lubber staying in standard accommodation (or a hotel for that matter) in terms of staffing, power and water supply, pumping out after showers and toilet flush systems, etc. Everything will be explained in the pdf 'WELCOME PACK' sent by email prior to arrival and is also contained within the on-board 'HELP FOLDER'.
Whilst some older reviews mention the location being near Hampton Court, this was the previous location before the company moved to Chertsey in June 2020.
Whole property for 5 or more
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.