Historic cottage with retro vintage features (and hot tub on weekends). There is an original railway platform in the garden, near Shotley Bridge.
View on map CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Historic cottage with private wood fired hot tub (on Fri/Sat only) for 2 adults in Rowlands Gill.
- The cottage was built in 1860 and still offers historic touches throughout plus timely pieces including its retro vintage kitchen.
- There is a cosy living/dining area with log burner, plus gas central heating to keep you warm and cosy.
- There is a lovely bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Outside you can relax in your private garden with a cuppa in hand listening to the birds around you.
- Step out through your garden gate straight on to the Derwent Walk old Railway Line which will lead you straight to Derwent Park and the National Trust Gibside Hall.
- Please note this property has a steep staircase so isn't suitable for those with mobility issues.
QuirkyAccom guests will receive a bottle of prosecco and chocolates on arrival.
Historic charming cottage with wood fired hot tub in the small rural area of Rowlands Gill offers a rural romantic getaway for 2 adults. Built-in 1860 the cottage has historic touches throughout plus the original railway platform at the bottom of the lovely garden.
Weekend stays include use of the wood fired hot tub on Friday and Saturday. If you can arrive mid afternoon you could discuss with the owners if they can prepare the hot tub for you on a Friday.
Reduced rate for weekly stays - no hot tub included.
Inside you can find you really are stepping back in time when you enter this newly re-designed retro vintage 1950's kitchen with all original furniture which has been restored. So bright and bold with vintage decor. A quaint living area to take the cottage back to its original time and let guests share this unique experience. Gas central heating system and lovely log burner will keep you cosy all year round.
A double bedroom (plus one with bunks) and a bathroom can be found on the first floor. Offered for maximum 2 guests.
Located in the heart of the countryside this property offers the perfect solution to the busy couple looking to get away from it all in a romantic haven. The garden gate leads onto the actual Derwent Walk which was the old railway line, now used by runners, walkers and cyclists. There is a Red Kite Trail and many rare species of bird visit the garden, with an abundance of other wildlife in the surrounding countryside. It is the perfect area for walkers. Locally you can visit Beamish Museum or take a drive to the North Pennines Area of Natural Beauty where you can enjoy a stroll around Derwent Reservoir. Alternatively, the Gibside National Trust Park is just a 5-minute drive from the cottage (or within walking/cycling distance if you prefer) and often hosts different events in the evening, so be sure to check it out! After a busy day exploring, return to the cottage and relax in the hot tub with your favourite tipple!
1 small well behaved dog can be accommodated with a charge of £20 per stay.
Buy sacks of logs for the log burner at £7 per bag, 3 bags for £20. Please advise before arrival if you wish to purchase these. Firelighters and kindling are provided.
£100 returnable deposit required for breakages etc.
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Extra logs / firewood
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Private Hot Tub
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Only one rental here
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.