Oozing rustic charm and with uninterrupted rural views. Get away and relax on farmland close to the Jurassic coast.
- Disconnect from the world at this off grid lodge with stunning countryside views, near the Jurassic Coast at Seaton and Beer.
- Sleeps up to 4 guests in one double and 2 single beds (that could be made into a double also) - ideal for a romantic break for a couple, 2 couples or a family stay.
- Great open plan living and dining space with romantic wood burning stove and lots of candles for when the sun sets.
- The kitchen has some modern conveniences as well as a unique range cooker.
- There is a lovely bespoke bathroom with freestanding slipper bath.
- A generator is available for electricity if needed.
- Enjoy dining al fresco taking in the stunning countryside views.
- Explore the seaside towns of Seaton, Beer and Sidmouth or enjoy a day trip to Exeter.
The Shooting Lodge is a converted lace-making school located at the end of a true beaten track with uninterrupted rural views. Just minutes away from the Jurassic Coastline, this quirky venue is totally secluded nestled into an area of outstanding natural beauty offering a break away from everyday life.
Combining a mix of home comforts and escapism, The Shooting Lodge has a fully functioning kitchen and bathroom, double bedroom and twin (which can be made into a double too) on a mezzanine level. The rustic kitchen provides all the facilities for a comfortable stay including kettle, toaster, microwave, dishwasher and a one-off cooking experience on a range cooker or on the woodburning fire and a small fridge.
The open plan living and dining area has a distinct feel with Scottish influences and is full of character with a large wood burner that heats the Lodge as a focal point, exposed oak throughout and herringbone flooring, double doors opening out onto the cobbled courtyard and banquet-style table.
Upstairs, a bespoke bathroom is tucked into the eaves with exposed wood throughout creating a delightful sanctuary offering a freestanding slipper bath, hand wash basin, WC and heated towel rail. Also on the mezzanine level, there is a private double bedroom with stunning views across the surrounding landscape and overlooking the ground floor.
In true escapism spirit, The Shooting Lodge is free from modern technology and allows you to reconnect with your surroundings and loved ones. The property really comes alive at night with the opportunity of candlelit evenings in front of the fire, perfect for cosy winter getaways.
Off grid property and the electricity is available via a generator should you choose to use it.
Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome.
The nearest shop is 3 miles away, the nearest supermarket is 7 miles.
Onsite parking. A 500 m track that reaches the property is bumpy and may not be suitable for low / sports cars. No smoking.
2-night minimum stay.
No wifi and mobile phone signal is limited. A real relaxing escape!
Not suitable for those with mobility issues
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Family friendly site
Mobile - Limited mobile signal
WiFi - No access to WiFi
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Safety & Security
Carbon monoxide detector
First aid kit
Lockbox / Safe
Kitchenware / Utensils
Welcome all ages
Only one rental here
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.