Large contemporary railway carriage set at Northiam steam railway station offers a unique stay for 2 couples or a family.
- Converted newspaper van sleeps up to 5 guests in a double bedroom and bedroom with double and single bunk bed.
- The open plan living area has a smart TV and picnic bench style dining table.
- A fully equipped modern kitchen allows you to cook up a storm.
- There is a family sized shower room with heated towel rail.
- The carriage has full gas central heating so it suitable for all year round use.
- Outside you can take in the views from your elevated glass balcony, the perfect place to enjoy a morning cuppa.
- Take a stroll to one of the many pubs and cafes within 1/2 mile of the site.
- To complete your experience, enjoy a ride on the Kent and Essex Steam Railway line.
Come and stay on the beautiful Kent and East Sussex border in this converted railway carriage for up to 5 guests. Not only will you be staying in a charming railway carriage but the village of Northiam provides a fantastic base for you to explore the local countryside and coast, with attractions and activities to suit everyone.
Situated within Northiam Steam Railway Station, a working station on the Kent and East Sussex steam railway line, you don't even need to leave the carriage to get the full railway experience as the steam trains will pull up at the station! Guests are advised to check train timetables before booking as the trains do not run every day.
The railway carriage sleeps up to 5 people with 1 double bedroom and 1 bedroom with bunk bed with a double and single on top plus a family sized shower room. Therefore great for a large family or 2 couples. The kitchen with hob, oven, microvwave and fridge freezer offers all you could need to cook up a storm, whilst the open plan lounge and dining area lets you enjoy time together. There is a smart TV for your viewing pleasure for when the UK weather isn't so kind plus gas central heating to keep you warm and cosy! An elevated balcony offers wonderful views over the Kent and East Sussex Railway line, great for train spotters!
Located in a very nice spot it is close to Bodiam Castle and the towns of Rye, Camber Sands and Hastings. Bodiam Boating station just 1/3 mile away and offers kayaking and boat rides along the River Rother to Bodiam. Take in the lovely countryside.
Dixter House & Gardens offer fantastic house and garden tours.
Travel Kent and East Sussex steam railway to complete the railway experience!
Parking on-site for up to 2 cars, there is also a boating station where you can get your own kayak and travel up the river.
There is a 2-night minimum stay. No pets.
Get an instant price by clicking Check Availability and selecting your dates.
Also, see TOAD Brake Van, Guns & Roses Ammunition Wagon, Plum & Custard MKl and ICI Salt Van on QuirkyAccom for additional accommodation at this location.
Whole property for 5 or more
To leave a review please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.