An 18th century granary converted for a unique waterside stay with its own quay, in Calstock.
- NO BOOKINGS TO BE MADE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVAL (even if dates show available).
- Wonderful boathouse offers a riverside location close to Dartmoor National Park and sleeps up to 4 guests.
- There is an industrial design to the property with feature stone walls too making this a unique stay.
- There is a double bedroom and a small second bedroom with full size bunks suitable for adults or children.
- Enjoy views of the river and the quirky BBQ located in the chimney of an old ruined cottage.
- Not suitable for pets or young children due to fast flowing water and an unprotected quay.
NO BOOKINGS TO BE MADE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVAL (even if dates show available).
The Okeltor Boathouse was built within the walls of an 18th-century granary with a slipway and quay on the river Tamar. It was once a very busy thoroughfare serving the mines, quarries, brickworks, lime kilns and market gardens. Now you will find a very peaceful spot with a wide range of wildlife. Also close to Dartmoor National Park.
The accommodation has been architect designed to reflect the industrial heritage and has a fully glazed ridge creating an exceptionally light and spacious feel. There is a lounge, dining and kitchen area of 6.5 x 5 metres with a corner toilet/shower room. The windows overlook the river and glazed double doors go onto a south facing balcony. Outside is a very unusual barbecue located in the chimney of a ruined cottage!
Sleeping 2-4, the main bedroom has a 5ft double bed, and there is a small second bedroom with bunks with windows to the rear garden. the bunks can be suitable for adults or children. The top bunk has a great view of the river.
Locally you can enjoy time exploring the beautiful Tamar Valley or take a trip to one of the many National Trust properties in the area including Buckland Abbey, Cotehele and Cotehele Mill. Children will love a trip to the Donkey Park whilst the adventurous will love the challenge at Tree Surfers!
No smoking, no pets and it is not suitable for young children due to an unprotected quay, fast flowing water, a pond, and long drops from the upper garden. There is no wifi so take time to reconnect with your loved ones and the beautiful surroundings.
There is a minimum 4 night stay.
Please click Check Availability to see dates and prices.
Nearby (within 5 miles)
Lake / River
Pub within walking distance
Family friendly site
Mobile - Limited mobile signal
WiFi - No access to WiFi
Included - Linen
Included - Towels
Not recommended for children under 5
Take care - Near water
Yes but there is an extra charge of £30 as it needs cleaning to prepare it for use.
Plymouth / Exeter
To leave a review please email email@example.com with the property name, your name, date of stay, review title and text.